Library Corner for the week of August 10, 2020
• Library capacity 20 people at one time.
• Hand sanitizing station at entrance. Patrons will be asked to hand sanitize.
• Plexiglass shield in place at checkout desk, 2nd checkout station closed at this time.
• Social distancing tape on floor at checkout.
• Computer Access – two computers only, sanitized between patrons. Faxing and photocopying services available.
• Payments will be made via debit or if in cash must be placed in collection tin to be sanitized before included in other cash. Non-resident fees can also be done by e-transfer.
• Couches and chairs removed except at Computer Access station and Wi-Fi station.
• Public washrooms closed.
• Public Meeting room closed to public.
• Patrons now have access to borrowing books in from other libraries if our library does not have what you’re looking for.
Book Sale during LDB Night Market
The community is hosting its Night Market Thursday, August 20th from 5:00pm – 9:00pm. The Lac du Bonnet Library will be participating with a large book sale in front of our building. Stop by to say hi!
The Mother-in-Law by Sally Hepworth is a masterful depiction of how much is said in the silences. Deep family secrets fill the pages of this captivating novel.
The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom is set in a turn of the nineteenth century tobacco plantation in Virginia. This is a story of class, race, dignity and familial bonds.
Code Talker by Joseph Bruchac follows a young Navajo recruited by the Marine Corps. In WWII. His experiences sending crucial messages back and forth to aid in the conflict against Japan will leave him forever changed.
It’s Always the Husband by Michele Campbell is a whodunit with twists, turns and a puzzling mix of suspects.
The Gift of Dyslexia by Ronald D. Davis offers a method to correct dyslexia and other learning problems.